There are many ways you can get your car ready for winter to help beat the difficult driving conditions winter can bring. Here are some things you need to consider….
- Snow Tires. Proper tires with the correct tire pressure are essential in winter. The improved grip on snow tires makes a difference when you are driving in the winter season and help you out in those risky slippery situations. Good tires are especially important for non AWD cars. Make sure you are not that car on the side of the road stuck in the snow!
- Coolant Check. It is important to ensure a proper mixture before you go out driving in the dramatic temperatures. Fresh fluids help keep your engine from freezing when it gets chilly out!
- Windshield Wipers. Good wipers tend to be forgotten until you actually need them. A new set of wipers will help keep visibility under the harshest conditions.
- Heat Performance Check. You might not realize that your heating system is not functioning to its full potential until one of those cold days when your car will not warm up!
- Battery Check. The cold weather can wear on the performance of your car’s battery. Have it checked to avoid being stuck in cold weather trying to jump your car!